Monday 19 August 2013

In 27 Days


Review by : Sweetness_in_Madness

Author :  HonorInTheRain

Length : 33 parts / 129 pages

Main Genres
: Adventure / Romance

Rating
: 4/2 out of 5




Hadley Jamison doesn't know what to think when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, committed suicide. She didn't exactly know him, but that doesn't stop her from feeling like there was something she could have done to help him. So to Hadley's surprise, on the very night of Archer's funeral, she has a run in with Death himself and is offered the chance to go back in time to stop Archer from ending his life. The catch? She only has twenty-seven days to do it. And if Hadley doesn't succeed? 

Well, she doesn't want to think about that.




"Hey so what did you think of that book I told you about? Did you like it?"  "Nah not really."



image   
"Hahaha! Good one!"

"Umm, I wasn't joking."







Ok, ok, so I'm going to try to keep the gifs to a minimum this time, but I'm probably going to fail.

So lucky for me this didn't end up being one of those books that took forever to get to the point, if I remember I think by chapter 4 or something everything started to get into motion.
I definitely enjoyed reading this, her and the guys first encounter was definitely humorous, but the guy did get on my nerves a couple of times, but nothing bad like.

What I was really happy with was that it had barely any spelling mistakes, give me this editors name! Now.
Ok so there was this really cool thing, but it was kind of cruel, when she went back to save Archer (he's the guy) She only had 27 days, so the guy who sent her back put the number 27 on her wrist, and every day that goes by her wrist will burn and the number will go down to 26, 25, 24, you get the point, and so Archer saw it and he pulled her wrist to him and said, "So what is this then?" Well I'm guessing, I don't know exactly, but anyways! I suddenly thought of this whole scenario where she told him in a very bad ass way of how she knows everything (even though that would have been a dumb thing for her to do) but all she said was, "Oh umm, 25 days until, until my birthday!" and I was just kind of like, oh, well then so much for being bad ass, even though it didn't say anything of her being bad ass, but she was bad ass in a way!!

Ok so enough of that, this was a very enjoyable read and it made me laugh out loud, which is a very good quality for me!!! If it doesn't make me laugh I am NOT going to read it ever again, but I guess it does depend on the book, like I said before.

But of course like in every book there is the stupid, evil, stupid, dumb, and guy you always call stupid because you can't think of a better insult because even though you don't like him he's an awesome bad guy, bad guy. And let me tell you, he was an awesome bad guy, he just got me all ticked off just by saying a couple of words, maybe the reason I got mad was because he was basically threatening her well drinking hot chocolate well saying everything in a calm voice well doing that creepy grin or smirk or whatever the heck it was.

Oh and it doesn't help that he ALMOST KILLED HER. Yeah, he did.

And I honestly loved the bad guy, he was just so evil and cold and, ahh I love it, what can I say, if he's good at playing the bad guy, he's good at playing the bad guy.

But lets go on to the romance, it wasn't to rushed which some books make the mistake of doing, but I can't say it was to slow either, yes when I was reading I really just wanted them to get together so it did seem slow to me, but now that I think about it the author eased the characters into it at the right speed and way. Now I'm just going to get this off the table now, there are no steamy scenes or anything, but you wanna know something? I never understood why people say steamy, every time I hear that I think of the characters being all hot and humid and doing this.


Now don't get me wrong I'm not stupid, I know it can either mean a steamy kiss or........ The Other.

You like how I said that, yeah, so dramatic, no I'm just kidding, you can read it, not hear me say it.

But yeah, the romance was very well written, but you know those moments in books when someone finds out something big, and they are shocked but don't want to cry or anything because they don't want the person to think they are pitying them? Ok then, good you know, so this was a situation in this book, not word for word, but still, now I am going to show you what a normal character in almost every book does, and what I would do

Girl: "What happened?"

Boy: "He killed him."

And the girl holds back the tears and hugs him, and then they just walk somewhere or something like that, now the other situation.

Me: "What happened?"

Boy: "He killed him."

What my reaction would be.





What hers was.



Yeah...... So.


This was basically just a random thought of mine, but whatever!! You know you laughed, well maybe, I don't know, if you didn't, then I'm just embarrassed.

So yes, I will not say I LOVED this book, because although I did really like it, my heart just doesn't feel like it loved it, you know what I mean?

Also I would say that it was a unique read, I won't say it was completely unique because no book really is these days, everyone has thought of everything.

But if this was a published book I would have bought it, but I'm happy I got to read it for free.

This review was short and probably not so great, but this is just how I write!

Ok then! People read this book!! If you don't end up liking it, well then I guess we have slightly different taste. If you do end up liking it, well then great!

Ok then, guys click the link, please, please!!! Just click it, you know you want to, your pointer arrow thingy is over it, all you have to do is click.

Ummm, did that sound a little weird? Oh well!! You know what I mean so just go and read the book!!


In 27 Days

Yeah, not a big fancy link is it.


- Madness



No comments:

Post a Comment