Tuesday 1 October 2013

Bye, Bye Virginity

 http://a.wattpad.net/cover/269-256-k377181.jpg

Review  by: One_Of_Us
 
Author: Just-Krissy

Length: 28 parts/ 81 pages
 
Main Genres: Romantic/ Teen Fiction

Rating: 5 out of 5


 Stasee is your typical shy, quiet teenage girl until the night her brother’s best friend Damen Hurtz decides to finally acknowledge her existence. In a desperate attempt to gain his acceptance she allows him to take the one thing every girl values most…her virginity. 
 After that night, Damen constantly begins accepting her while they’re alone and then rejecting her in front of his peers. Stasee’s frustration and confusion continues to grow, as do her feeling toward the man who continues to break her heart. 

 He claims that he cares for her, but will his need for his peer’s acceptance prevent him from ever treating Stasee the way he should? And if he finally realizes the stupidity of popularity over love, will Stasee still be waiting for him? 
                                                                       



Very first review guys.

Well this book was the absolute bee's tea cakes. It was one of the very first books I'd read on wattpad and to say it was brilliant is the understatement of the millennium. Its one of those cute little romantic gleam teen fantasy's that sets your heart on a roller coaster of emotion. It's like your hearts been on the iron bru ride at the Blackpool amusement park, or the family fun drop at M&D's. Its a beautiful story of two beautiful people and I actually cried at this book. I cried so much I had to bring in the toilet roll and sit it beside me so my tears wouldn't blind me from reading on.

I wasn't all convinced on the very first chapter seeing its about a girl loosing her virginity but that's the price  I paid when I clicked onto the story and I couldn't have been more happier. The writing style, the plot, the characters and story line is all so well put together. When you read on you actually feel as if you know the characters (I felt like that anyways). The beauty of the story is there's so many sudden drops that make you feel like crying or saying ''Eh? What just happened.''. It keeps you on your toes and you crave to read till the end because that's how the author makes you feel.

The beautiful connection each character shares with each other just makes you want that life. You want to be in that story. You want to feel the love she feels and the adventures she has. You want to read this book.

I remember when I was in history. We were watching a Hitler documentary and I was seated behind this really tall guy. I was thinking in my head ''The teacher can't see me, and I want to know what's happening in my book.'' So naturally I pulled out my phone and continued to read on. Its that book that you never want to put down.
 I also remember this other time when the two main characters where ''Doing the nasty'' and I tucked my phone under my pillow, covered my head with my covers, and repeated the same words in my head and out loud ''Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.'' I've never been to keen on R rated but after I read this book it just made me think that they're not all whips and d0g toys.


*SPOILER ALERT*
If you haven't read the story then I'm so sorry if this has spoiled some of it but I couldn't stop bloody crying when Stasee was attacked, and then put in a coma. I couldn't stop it was pathetic. I'm sixteen for god sake (even though I was like 15 at the time) I'm not meant to cry at these things, but I still do. God ! I cried just last week because I thought Russel from Girls in Tears was cheating on Elie with her best friend. 

This book is going to make you cry !

I think the bit that made me cry least was the end. Even though I knew everything worked out fine for Stasee and Damen I still cried because I knew that was the end. The book was over and I was so dehydrated after it. I loved that everything worked out for them and I even found out that Stasee's big brother was gay ! I never believed it because he's a jock and all that but I guess I was wrong. Yeah. Her brothers gay with another jock. I'm not a homophobic in case yous think that. Oh no. I love gay people, I have gay friends (I hope they're gay). I even think my twins gay.

Shush ! I didn't say that...

If the title puts you off then please don't read a book by its cover. It's not Fifty shades of Gray or The Casual Vacancy. The book is about a shy girl finding love in a beautiful (jerky) boy. Its not going to capture you into the scene and preform the act on you, but it is going to give you a red face, a happy smile, lots of tears, and a big-big loving heart.

I feel in love with each character, but the three I loved the most were Stasee, Damen and Stasee's big brother Trent. They are all brilliant characters and when you read it you'll be happy you did because its just beautiful. Each character is both different and unique in their own awesome way and I hope yous find the time to read it, or if you have read it then... Read it again !


This has been my first review and I'll be doing plenty of others. This book has been my excuse to drink more fluids and for that I'm happy. I hope that when all you wattpaders are sitting in bed at night with nothing to read that yous'll give the book a little bit of your time. Yous can even recommend it to a friend who doesn't have wattpad because this author has it on Amazon. Hope yous liked my review and there will be plenty more from me and the other reviewers.

Chow for now !

- One_Of_Us/ Nadia ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment